General Data Protection Regulation - 25th May 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes in to force on 25th May 2018. GDPR is a new framework for data protection laws which sets guidelines for how companies collect and process personal information (data). In light of this we would like to give you some information about how we use and manage your information.
How does the Practice use your information?
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to the Practice sharing your information with other health care providers, but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please read the Privacy Notice below.
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function.
SHMC Privacy Notice
SHMC - How we use your information leaflet
SHMC - Third Party Nomination Form
For more information about GDPR please visit the Information Commissioners Office website
You can also find out more about NHS Health Records by visiting the NHS Choices website